Knowing when to put your property on the market can be a tough decision, but if you are looking for a pre-Christmas/New Year move, then September could potentially be the best time to start the marketing process for the following reasons:-
- The schools admission deadline take place around January 15th 2022, you can start to apply from November 1st, so if you market your property in September, this gives your buyer potentially time to move into their preferred school catchment area – and we know from people who are currently on our database that schooling is a key reason why people are specifically looking to move into this area.
- Buyers often don’t like to house hunt during the summer holidays, generally because they have better things to do and are going on holiday for the first time since the start of Covid-19. It is also often better to undertake viewings when the children are back at school, this enables sellers to focus more on the home selling process. Viewing homes child-free also means buyers are potentially more relaxed and less hurried
- You could be celebrating Christmas with your family and friends in your new home – this year’s Christmas will be a lot different to last years as a result of the Covid-19 Restrictions being lifted – this often becomes a deadline date and really motivates buyers into making an offer sooner rather than later.
- Gardens are still ‘just’ looking lovely in September with the end of the summer blooms meaning gardens are still photogenic
- Does your home have a view? Is it blocked out by the trees in full leaf? As summer turns to Autumn, the trees start to drop their leaves and all of a sudden buyers can see the fabulous views that North Leeds has to offer – this is definitely a strong selling point
- The evenings are still light until early October making early viewings still easy to arrange
There can be many contributing factors that determine the best time to sell your home, but September could be quite a successful choice.
So if you are looking for a free market appraisal and want to hear about our fairer fixed fees, our 3D virtual tours that market your home as that ‘always open house’ and our fresh and relevant database of people looking to move to the area, then call David Phillip on 01134 676 400
W: davidphillip.co.uk A: David Phillip Estate Agents, 86, Leeds Road, Bramhope, Leeds LS16 9AN
#september #movinghome #bramhope #leeds #otley #poolinwharfedale #adel #christmas #rightmove #onthemarket #zoopla #boomin #3Dvirtualtours