When it comes to moving home, you may already have decided the type of property you would like, your price range, the quality of the schools in the area if you have children and the commute to work, these are all key factors.
People often overlook though the culture of an area, what the community really stands for, what the local shopping and entertainment is like, in other words, home is where the heart is but what if your heart doesn’t quite know where that place should be?
Lesa Brown, a Director at David Phillip Estate Agents in Bramhope commented “The UK housing market is highly localised and only by thoroughly researching individual areas, communities and streets can you be confident you are making the right decision to put an offer on a house – fail to do the research and you may have bought something you may want to move on from pretty quickly, which will be costly both financially but also in terms of emotional investment too”.
Here are the things you may need to consider
- Do you want to live somewhere peaceful and rural, of do you want a ‘happening place’ with lots of life? – rural lifestyle may be idyllic to some but boring to others.
- How quickly can you get to work, sometimes a close distance can be a tricky commute – think work life balance..
- What are the local shops like? Are they part of national chains or privately owned, giving a real feel of ‘local community’
- Are you looking at an area you may grow out of in a couple of years .
- Look for areas that are becoming ‘fashionable’ – these will have a positive effect on house prices – as long as the area stays fashionable.
- If you are looking to move to an area where lots of families live already, that is a good bet, as there are likely to be lots of facilities, support groups and areas for recreation.
- What is the public transport like? – are you close to a station, on the local bus route or even an airport.
Local videos showcase a property
So, once you have considered all these things and you think you have located the perfect potential community in which you know you will feel happy and contented, make contact with a local Estate Agent. At David Phillip Estate Agents, we have invested in videos of Bramhope, Adel, Harewood, Pool-in-Wharfedale and Otley. Local videos showcase a property in a whole new way. Rather than just looking at static photos and literature, you can look at the landscape surrounding these beautiful areas, the local businesses operating there, the sense of community and the recreational areas too, plus it also portrays a feeling of excitement that still pictures can’t always show.
And, if you are selling your home, sending a potential buyer a video of where they could be living and the community in which they will become involved, creates a much more positive impression – in other words, it’s not just the property you are marketing but the area too!
Whilst we are in Covid-19 lockdown and there is snow on the ground now is an ideal time to take a look at the videos – all filmed in summer!
At David Phillip Estate Agents we are delighted to be working with David Varley at Home onFilm who has created amazing videos for all the areas we cover in North Leeds.
“We think that the quality of the films we are providing to our clients, really enriches the customer experience and sales outcome when buying and selling a home”, said Lesa –! it’s not just about the property but the community and lifestyle too!“
If you are looking to sell your home and can see the benefit of adding a local video, contact David Phillip Estate Agents t: 01134 676 400 w: davidphillip.co.uk or take a look at the videos on our website and on some of our current properties for sale
86, Leeds road, Bramhope, Leeds