We have been undertaking a full risk assessmentof all areas of our Business, this is being managed in an extremely safe and professionally wayto ensure that safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
The Government have recently announced full guidelines and advice around all areas of moving home, which you can read here in full https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-advice-on-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak, however below is the top-line advice which we think covers the most important areas.
We recommend that people do their initial search online, we use all the key portals including featured properties on Rightmove to ensure the best chance of being seen.
- People should use virtual viewingsbefore visiting properties in person in order to minimise any risk to public health. At David Phillip Estate Agents, we have always had virtual viewings but now they are ‘accompanied’ which are safer but also more effective.
- If you are interested in a ‘physical’ viewing, once you have seen the property online then the viewers will be asked if they have any symptoms of Covid19 or have been in self-isolation, if this is the case then the viewing will be delayed
- When physically viewing properties, you should avoid touching surfacesand bring your own hand sanitiser. Vendors should provide paper towels and soap and we kindly request that vendors should not be in the property whilst the viewing is being conducted.
- Social distancing(2 metres) will be observed at all times.
- The viewing will take a maximum of 15 minutesand only people from your immediate family will be allowed into the property along with the Agent, unfortunately children will not be allowed in the viewing
- Viewings should be contactless, which means no touching door handles, bannisters, or any surfaces
- Open houses will not be undertaken and we are ensuring enough time between appointments for a full clean to have taken place.
- Vendors should ensure that their home is thoroughly cleanedprior to any viewings
Selling your home
The Government has advised that you can now sell your home
- We are currently undertaking effective virtual valuations. If you then decide to use our company for marketing your home, we will arrange a visit to reassess the guideline price.
- If you or your family have had Covid19 or have recently been self-isolating, then we have been advised that we should not physically visit the property
- It is possible to start marketing your property, and we can arrange for 3D virtual tours, photographs and EPC’s to be undertaken – all the business we work in partnership with are following full Government Guidelines to ensure both your and their protection.
Getting your property ready for selling:-
- Start bringing together all the documentation required for the sale, at David Phillip Estate Agents we have an information pack to support this.
- Time in ‘lockdown’ has given potential sellers the ideal time to start decluttering their homes, a deep-clean should also be undertaken prior to a valuation and subsequently viewings that have been arranged
- Kerb appeal is key and now that garden centres are open this is an ideal time to ensure the front of your property looks attractive to any potential viewers.
At David Phillip Estate Agents we want to ensure that we work in the most professional way for buyers and sellers, if you are unsure of any of the guidelines or have any further questions, then please call David Phillip for an informal chat on 01134 676 400
#Covid-19 #bramhope #adel #cookridge #otley #poolinwharfedale #rightmove #zoopla #onthemarket #3Dvirtualtours #videos #safe #local #trusted